|
|
Wellington Daily News - Wellington, KS
  • Fire damages home in Wellington

  • A utililty room was burned and there was extensive smoke damage to a house at 119 E. Sumner in Wellington Thursday evening.
    • email print
      Comment
  • A utililty room was burned and there was extensive smoke damage to a house at 119 E. Sumner in Wellington Thursday evening.
    At about 7 p.m., firemen arrived to find the utility room burning after a fire started from a clothes dryer. Officials estimated $20,000 in damages to the house.
    Occupants were home at the time of the fire and escaped safely with their pets. At the time of the structure fire Wellington and Oxford emergency crews were in the process of extricating an individual from a vehicle accident at River Road and US 160. That individual was flown  by Eagle Med to a Wichita Hospital.
    Mutual aid was received from Belle Plaine and May Field fire districts.

        calendar